Home » » What if I Can't Refinance to Pay My Mortgage Balloon Payment?

What if I Can't Refinance to Pay My Mortgage Balloon Payment?

Written By video massa on Jumat, 10 Januari 2014 | 14.18

A balloon payment is a large payment due at the end of a mortgage's repayment term. It is most common with second mortgages, especially home equity lines of credit, although primary mortgages sometimes have balloon payments as well. Most buyers required to make a balloon payment expect to refinance the loan before the payment is due. If you can't refinance and you can't make the full payment, you have a few options.

Refinance with Cosigner

    If you cannot refinance because your credit is not good enough to qualify or your income is not high enough to support the monthly payments, ask a friend or relative to cosign the loan for you. This person must have good credit and a low debt-to-income ratio so he can meet the lender's standards that you failed to meet. In addition, this person must be willing to sign the agreement to repay the mortgage if you fail to make the required payments.

Sell the House

    If you can sell your home and get enough money to pay off all mortgages against it, including the one with the balloon payment, this could keep you from damaging your credit. Talk to a real estate agent about listing your house at a price that will sell quickly, and have a short escrow period so the sale goes through before your balloon payment is due. Selling your house might not be your preferred choice, but if you can pay off your debts in full, this may be a better alternative than foreclosure.

Foreclosure

    When you can't refinance and can't sell your house for enough money to pay off your debt, the last option is to allow the bank to foreclose. In foreclosure, the bank takes back possession of your home, sells it and uses the proceeds to pay off as much of your loan as possible. Foreclosure will lower your credit score for up to seven years. The bank can also pursue you for repayment of any debt that goes unpaid.

Tips

    If you have not yet obtained the mortgage with a balloon payment, reconsider whether this is an appropriate choice for you. If your home value drops or your credit score drops, you might not be able to refinance and you could suffer serious financial setback. Consider a mortgage that spreads out the payments over a long period, but doesn't require a balloon payment at the end.



  • What If I Can't Afford to Pay My Mortgage Payment?

    www.beingfrugal.net House and Home

    What are your options, if you are a homeowner who cant make your mortgage payment? There arent many, but you do have some choices. Contact Your Lender


  • I Lost My Job & Can't Pay My Mortgage eHow

    www.ehow.com Personal Finance Real Estate Mortgages

    I Lost My Job & Can't Pay My Mortgage. Losing a job creates panic as you wonder how you're going to pay your mortgage and other bills. Mortgage lenders anticipate ...


  • After bankruptcy what if I don't pay my second mortgage?

    robertweed.com/2010/03/25/after-bankruptcy-what-if-i-dont-pay-my...

    After chapter 7 bankruptcy, I often advise my clients, just dont pay the second mortgage. Now, if you dont file bankruptcy and stop paying the second mortgage ...


  • Mortgage Payment Problems: What If You Can't Pay? - Mortgage

    mtgprofessor.com/A%20-%20Payment%20Problems/what...you_can't_pay.htm

    April 17, 2006, Revised December 2, 2006, December 3, 2008, February 4, 2010 "I lost my job and have been making my mortgage payment from savings.


  • what happens if I did not reaffirm my mortgage after Bankrupcy?

    www.loansafe.org/forum/credit-repair/37298-what-happens-if-i-did...

    I am underwater on my mortgage and have been trying to get my lender to eliminate the second and modify the first but have had no success. I have a


  • Refinance Mortgage - How much to save by refinancing

    www.mortgagefit.com/refinance.html

    Check out refinance mortgage tips, why and when to refinance, refinancing faq and calculators and know if bad credit refinance is available.


  • I can't pay my car payments anymore. What do I do? Please help ...

    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080417181952AA6BYeoLast updated: Apr 18, 2008 10 posts First post: Apr 18, 2008

    Apr 18, 2008 Best Answer: They will repo the car if you do not pay. And, yes they will sell it and sue you for the difference. Your best bet is to sell the car on your ...


  • What happens to my second mortgage if I stop paying but

    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080610184048AAAfbmALast updated: Jun 11, 2008 5 posts First post: Jun 11, 2008

    Jun 11, 2008 Best Answer: If you don't pay the second mortgage they foreclose on you and take the house. You put the house up as collateral on the second mortgage,


  • What happens if I stop paying my mortgage? LoanSafe

    www.loansafe.org/what-happens-if-i-stop-paying-my-mortgage

    Many homeowners are struggling paying all of their monthly expenses and are wondering to themselves what will happen if I stop paying my monthly mortgage


  • What happens if i cannot make my mortgage payment

    www.mkemortgage.net/content/what_happens_if_i_cannot_make_my...

    what happens if i cannot make my mortgage payment - If you are a home owner who has found yourself unable to pay your mortgage payment the first thing you will want ...

  • I Inherited a House - Do I have to Refinance the Mortgage? :

    www.ncestateplanningblog.com/2009/01/articles/real-property/i...

    No - in most cases. Mortgages generally contain "Due on Sale" clauses, which say that the lender can call the mortgage due upon transfer of

  • What Are My Options If I Can't Afford My Home?

    www.bills.com Mortgages in Trouble Ask Bill Mortgage TroubleRating: 4/5 6 reviews

    Options if You Can't Afford Home If you cannot afford your mortgage payments look for foreclosure avoidance options. You can do a short sale...

  • Should I take out a "loan" against my 401k to pay off student debt ...

    boards.straightdope.com Main In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)Last updated: Apr 24, 2013 50 posts First post: Apr 21, 2013

    Main > In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) ... The overall rate of return on my 401k since I started my job has been 5.71%. I have ... Bad idea. You should only borrow ...

  • Mortgages Questions including "What do you do if you have ...

    wiki.answers.com Personal Finance Money Management Loans

    Mortgages Questions including "What do you do if you have completed bankruptcy and the lender has not picked up aut" and "If you just bought a house a month ago how ...

  • Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early or Look for a Better Return?

    www.mymoneydesign.com/personal-finance-2/mortgage-refinance/should...

    Should I pay off my mortgage early or look for other opportunities with a better rate of return? What about inflation or other investment goals?

  • Refinance a Chase Mortgage - Bills.com

    www.bills.com Mortgage Refinance Refinance AnswersRating: 3.6/5 13 reviews

    Chase Mortgage Refinance I have my current mortgage with Chase. Should I refinance it to a lower rate? They mailed me a refinance letter. Should I keep my mortgage ...

  • When Paying the Mortgage is a Struggle Consumer Information

    www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0187-when-paying-mortgage-struggle

    Money & Credit; Homes & Mortgages. Home Loans. Deceptive Mortgage Ads; Facing Foreclosure? Facing Foreclosure? Bookmark; Forensic Loan Audits; Getting Mortgage

  • Guidespot: Can't Refinance - Mortgage Upside Down? Modify Loan ...

    guidespot.com/guides/cant_refinance_mortgage_upside

    Is your home mortgage upside down and you need to modify your loan into lower mortgage payments without refinancing? Have you been told one or more of the

  • Should I Pay Off My Mortgage? - RealEstate.com

    www.realestate.com/advice/should-i-pay-off-my-mortgage

    Should I pay off my mortgage with life insurance? How fast can I pay off my mortgage? First, read our expert tips, and find out why you might want to wait.

  • Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early Or Invest? - Frugal Dad

    frugaldad.com/should-i-pay-off-my-mortgage

    In a typical week I receive variations of this same question several times via email, comments and from followers on Twitter: Should I Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest

  • If I Do Not Reaffirm My Mortgage in Chapter 7, Do I Automatically ...

    www.thebklawyer.com/thebkblog/2009/05/28/if-i-do-not-reaffirm-my...

    I have been getting a lot of questions recently about reaffirmation and about the consequences of not reaffirming a mortgage loan. I have previously written about the ...

  • Should I Pay Off My Car Loan Early? - The Money Ways

    www.themoneyways.com/pay-car-loan.html

    Should you pay off your car loan early? This depends on your interest rate and the other investment opportunities that you may have.

  • What Can I Do If My Mortgage Is Upside Down? eHow

    www.ehow.com Personal Finance Real Estate Mortgages

    What Can I Do If My Mortgage Is Upside Down?. Many homeowners who bought their homes at high prices are finding themselves upside-down after declines in the housing ...

Share this article :

1 komentar:

  1. I feel a lot more confident after reading what you had to share. I was 147k in debt (Student loans, Car, personal loans, credit cards) and I’m making 80k annually. I don’t have kids or any major responsibilities so I was able to really focus on paying down the debt in order to become more financially stable.

    I have been out of school now for about 4 years and I’ve find it difficult to maintain a consistent payment program. Then i read about how (EAGLESEYE.HACK at GMAIL.COM) helps people clear any form of debt in their names, i emailed after so much considerations then i came to the realization that he was an angel in human form. I'm on 805 standard score now and also dont have any debts in my name anymore! Thanks eagle !!

    BalasHapus

 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. A Mortgage - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger